Social bookmarking is one of the most valuable search engine optimization techniques on the web today. This is especially true since Google’s recent algorithm change which de-valued a lot of blog, profile and other backlink type. Google has also noted that they are putting more emphasis on social media, which they believe to be the future of the internet.
What are social bookmarks?
- A simple post that is added to a social media website
- Categorized for relevant and interested viewers
- Summarized backlinks that can generate their own traffic
My Favorite Top Social Media Sites
How can this be accomplished?
- Sign up and register, include links in profile if possible
- Manually submit your link and a summary to each particular website
- Use an automated tool to do this for you i.e. Bookmarking Demon
- Ping the successful posts for quicker indexing
SEO Tips for Social Bookmarks:
- Make sure to point each bookmark link at the specific URL for the original post
- Write a unique, keyword rich summary
- Add a comment
- Give a “thumbs up”, or “vote it up” etc
- Make sure to use Pingler or Feed Shark on the submitted bookmark
Thats pretty much the basics of social bookmarking, it’s an incredibly useful strategy for driving more traffic to your website that can convert into followers due to it being all relevant content. Also there is a lot of weight behind social media backlinks, Digg, Mixx, and Reddit can quickly help push your site to the top of rankings. So get started today and manually build them or if you have the extra cash make your life easy and buy Bookmarking Demon and create hundreds of social media backlinks quickly and effortlessly!