Yelp gives your business fast and localized exposure to millions of Yelp users + helps build your authority with search engines!
No matter how small or large your business is, you need to be on Yelp. Yelp is the leading authority site for local and regional business listings throughout the country. There are millions of users in the United States who use Yelp everyday to search for all kinds of products and services. The conversion rate is very high on searches performed for businesses, this is primarily due to the geographic nature of Yelp listings and their ability to reach local, interested customers.
- Google Page Rank: 7
- Alexa Rank: 171
- Quantcast Rank: 24
- Compete Rank: 60
- 10,000,000+ indexed pages
- 9 Years old
- U.S. basedYour just going to need to know all your business listing and contact information for all the forms Yelp requires. Sign-up with any administrative email that is easy to use for social media accounts. Start creating your profile and make sure to fill out all contact fields as thoroughly as possible.
Yelp SEO Tips:
- Make sure to add keywords to descriptions and titles
- Fill out all text and forms possible
- Make sure address is 100% correct, many browsers will use Mapquest or Google maps for directions
- Add phone number
- Add website URLs
- Input all images possible
Yelp helps add credibility to your website and business immediately. It is a very highly ranked site with millions of users and company listings. Improving your local search rankings is a direct correlation to setting up Yelp and Google places immediately once your website is released. No other listings will help your local search rankings better than Yelp, Manta, and Google places. From there you can start link building with geographic terms and such inside of anchor text to improve the keywords you’re seeing traffic from.
Google does give great priority to Yelp listings, this can help you pick up quick visitors through broader terms like restaurant, gas station, sporting goods, etc. Coupled with the local search improvements for your domain, it is just a positive move.
On another note, we must also take a look at the smartphone traffic. Yelp has a huge followign with smartphones throughout the United States. This will help get you quick browsers who are looking to specifically buy your type of products and/or service within the city or county. You really can’t get much better traffic than that from any search engine. iPhone and Droid has applications for Yelp specifically.
Get Yelp Reviews!
- Place the Yelp logo + your ID on your window or front door
- Hand out business cards with your Facebook, Yelp, Twitter, Google +, etc
Once established you’ll see that people will visit your site and add reviews. These can really help bulk up the overall content of the page, including added search weight and keywords. Plus, hopefully you’ll be receiving good reviews that add trust and confidence to new browsers of your Yelp listing. It is important to try and speak with your customers that are satisfied for a Yelp review and experience. Any way you can create more conversations about your business will help improve customer awareness. Not bad for a 15 minute profile on Yelp.