Squidoo is definitely one of the big boys in Web 2.0 sites. Currently Squidoo has an Alexa rank of 206 and a Google Page Rank of 7! They revolve around a blogging system referred to as “lenses”. Your lens will include content, links, polls, videos, amazon affiliate marketing, Google ads, and more.
Squidoo SEO Tip – try and connect with a GiantSquid in your niche, you’ll get huge benefits and faster results if they like your lens and befriend your account
The best way to build lenses and create strong SEO benefits through Squidoo.com is by creating unique content that is focused on your keywords. Always try to incorporate multimedia, such as videos and images to gain more trust and authority sooner. You’ll see that it only takes a few articles to fill a lens and then you’ll be able to add on a number of backlinks for your main site. I really like their RSS feed widget, this gives nice backlinks plus context to the links, looks great for search engine spiders to crawl.
There are some excellent opportunities for SEO so let’s go over the basics.
- Write unique 2-3 400+ word articles
- Key word rich titles with long phrases in body; natural flow
- Make polls, guestbook, add video if possible
- Go to other lens, post and interact to attract more readers and rank your lens higher
- Higher ranking lens will see more visitors
- Page Rank can increase over time and generate traffic in SERPs
SEO Tips for Creating Squidoo Lens:
- Content is king; more unique useful content and your lens will attract and build viewers
- Add relevant links to your domain and some other sites for non-spam look
- Always add logos with keyword rich titles/captions/descriptions
- Keyword rich profiles with your domain backlinks
SEO Tips for Backlinks on Squidoo:
Can all be good search terms when looking for lens that allow you to place a link in any of those areas.
Example: “add+to+list” site:squidoo.com
Google those backlinks and write relevant posts/comments to make sure your links are placed. Try to friend them and like their lenses to get more involvement from other people toward your lenses. One of the best ways to do this is by interacting and hopefully, befriending a “Giant Squid”. They have large networks and very strong influence on the lenses at Squidoo, one like from a Giantsquid and you’ll see big leaps in your lenses value and worth to your SEO needs.
Squidoo still holds some excellent value for your SEO campaign, even post-panda. This is due to the nature of Squidoo only allowing 100% unique content on their domain, keep up the consistency and take the time to write quality, relevant articles in each lens. You’ll see the results a lot sooner if you make heavy content and high volume lenses on each topic. After you are done writing a lens take the time to go and post comments on related lenses, you are trying to generate some interest, comments, and extra views for your lens by doing so. Often times a couple of thumbs up can really help you generate more traffic from the search engines and Squidoo’s internal search mechanisms.